Sunday, June 27, 2010

School's out for summer

I’m trying to remember when I had six consecutive weeks of paid vacation... oh wait, this has never happened. Even in college I worked and took classes every single summer. Until now! One of the biggest perks of working in the UAE is kicking in tomorrow: Annual Leave, not only a benefit but a requirement.

In less than 24 hours I get to lock up my suits and high-heels and forget everything I know about institutional research and policy for six glorious weeks. But the real reason I’m as giddy as a fifth grader on the last day of school  is that we're going home for the first time since moving overseas! We are spending 35 days trekking around the United States, seeing family, friends, and a range of beautiful cities (we have at least 12 stops in five states). On the itinerary are two road trips, all the Tex-Mex we can eat, white-water rafting, and possibly the most exciting for me, a haircut at my sister's salon!

We’ll probably take a blogging break while we’re in the US but I’m sure there will be plenty of pictures and stories to share upon our return, so stay tuned...until then, happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment